Friday, May 20, 2016

Let me start by saying EVERYONE needs Israeli Trauma Bandages in their trauma kits. Without a doubt, a necessity. These Israeli Trauma Bandages by Ari Ale Tools will definitely stop the bleeding of a wound and it applies great pressure as long as you've put it on correctly. It comes in double packaging. The outside package (gray) can be thrown out to save room by just storing your Bandage in the air sealed package that is inside the gray one. If you have some extra room, don't throw it away. Save it instead for use with a sucking chest wound etc. It can be taped over a bad wound before applying the bandage for extra help stopping bleeding. The inside package was perfectly air tight sealed for sterilization. The inside wrapper does not have a slit to make opening easier but I was able to use my teeth with very little pressure to open it.

Upon opening the bandage, the first thing I noticed was that the bandage is not rolled but folded flat. It also does not have the string going through it to stop it from unraveling while you are holding it. This is very very important and not something that should be missing from any Israeli Bandage. Granted this is a newer feature (not brand new though) which is marked by the gray outside packaging that this bandage has. So I was very confused to not find it. The string is thin and breaks easily as you are wrapping the bandage around the wound. It is supposed to serve as a safety feature in case you accidentally drop that one side of the bandage. It protects your bandage from hitting the floor and becoming unsterilized. Another issue I have with this bandage is the thinness of it. It does wrap quite a few times but when trying to place the cleat on both ends at the end of my wrap, it goes right through the material. It should sit snug and firm but not rip the bandage.

If you're starting out and want to have something in your Trauma Kit, I would recommend trying this, but I have tried actual Israeli Bandages that serve a much greater purpose. I will be posting my video to this review after I get it on my computer. No way to add a video from my phone to this post. #Ari_ale_Toolshttp://www.amazon.com/Israeli-bandage-Compression-applicator-emergency/dp/B01CMC1KUW/ref=sr_1_105?ie=UTF8&qid=1461152864&sr=8-105&keywords=israeli+bandage

No comments:

Post a Comment